YUM-O! empowers kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking.
Make extra whole wheat pancakes for breakfast, then use them in place of bread for lunch the next day!
Makes 20 pancakes
Make this delicious BLD meal in under 15 minutes!
This is a delicious side dish for any Thanksgiving meal, and all winter long!
This delicious recipe works well served hot or cold. Note: Plan ahead! You'll need to marinate the chicken for several hours or overnight.
Nearly 49 million people face hunger in America, including 1 in 5 children. To raise awareness about this issue, Feeding America and Share Our Strength have joined forces to promote September’s Hunger Action Month and No Kid Hungry Month, along with Go ORANGE Day. This September 6, join Rachael Ray and Yum-o! and Go ORANGE to help your friends and neighbors in need! Orange is the color of hunger-relief, and we've compiled some ideas for taking part in Go ORANGE Day and Hunger Action Month/No Kid Hungry Month, below. To get inspired, see what Rach has to say!
1. Wear the color orange and tell people why!
2. Go ORANGE digitally by replacing your Facebook or Twitter profile photo with the Go ORANGE badge!
3. Share a hunger fact or Hunger Action Month video with your social networks!
4. Find a No Kid Hungry restaurant near you and Dine Out For No Kid Hungry.
5. Ask your elected officials to protect federal nutrition programs.
Plus, don't miss out on opportunities to get involved the whole month of September and all year long. Volunteer at your local food bank, pledge to Speak Out Against Hunger, learn more about hunger by watching the Hungry Kate video and check out the Hunger Action Month website for more ideas!
Visit FeedingAmerica.org and NoKidHungry.org to find out how you can help those facing hunger this September!