This salad goes well with our Cheddar-Studded Turkey Burgers!
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 medium size red onion, diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 limes
- Chop and dice the iceberg lettuce, onion, mango and red pepper. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help with the chopping, if you need it.
- In a salad bowl, combine the chopped iceberg lettuce, mango, red bell pepper and the onion.
- Cut all around ripe avocado lengthwise and down to the pit. Twist and separate the halved avocado. Remove the pit with a spoon, then scoop the flesh out in one piece from both halves. Chop the avocado into bite-size pieces and add the avocado pieces to the salad.
- Slice the limes in quarters and squeeze them over the salad. Drizzle with about three tablespoons of EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.