- 1 sack chopped romaine lettuce (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green salad olives with red pimentos and juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 big spoonfuls grated parmesan, Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Wash your hands. Place lettuce into a big salad bowl.
- Break up the olives a little with your fingers. Scatter the olives and the sliced red peppers around the salad.
- Add in the grape tomatoes and pepperoni slices.
- Make the dressing: Pour the red wine vinegar into a blender. Add the olives, basil, parsley, cheese, pepper and EVOO. Have a grown-up helper (GH) place the lid on the blender and blend the dressing until everything is all chopped up and mixed together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it up well.