- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped or shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 tilapia fillets (5-6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat the stock and 1 tablespoon butter in a pot until boiling. Stir in the rice and carrots and cover the pot. Simmer the rice for 12-13 minutes, then stir in the peas and scallions and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Turn off the rice and fluff with a fork. Stir in the dill and parsley.
- While the rice cooks, toast the nuts in a skillet until golden, 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Remove the nuts and reserve.
- Add 1 tablespoon EVOO and 1 tablespoon butter to a skillet. Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust the fish lightly in flour. Cook the fish fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and firm. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the pan.
- Serve the fish with lots of nuts on top and alongside the veggie-herb rice.