- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 10-12-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese (4 generous handfuls)
- 1 McIntosh apple, quartered, core cut away and thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 250ºF.
- Pre-heat a teaspoon of EVOO in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread one tablespoon of pepper jelly on a tortilla and add the tortilla to the pan. Cover half of the tortilla with about 1/2 cup cheese and top with a quarter of the apple slices. Fold the naked half of the tortilla over and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until brown and crispy and the cheese melts. Transfer the quesadilla to the oven to keep warm, then repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and serve.