- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chives and dill, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and finely ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes and parsnips in a pot; cover with water and bring to boil. Salt the water and cook to tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes and parsnips with onion powder, garlic powder, buttermilk, sour cream, blue cheese and butter. Fold in the herbs, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.