3 wooden spoons or a set of salad tossers
2 rimmed baking sheets
1 kitchen towel
Short pasta pot
Pasta spider, large slotted spoon or colander
Large cutting board
Chef’s knife or knife the student is comfortable with
Set of hot pads or oven mitts
Measuring cups and spoons
*Potsandpans.com, offering trusted brands for every cook, has all your kitchenware and cookware needs and is a proud sponsor of Rachael Ray’s Yum‑o! Cooking Camp.
For the croutons:
- 3 cups of 1/3inch diced day old bread
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp0 kosher salt
For the salad:
- 1 box of Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 2 hearts of romaine, cut into 1/3 inch pieces
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
On a small rimmed baking sheet toss the cubed bread with the olive oil, cheese and salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, parmesan, olive oil, garlic pepper, and salt. Set aside to let the flavors marry for 5 minutes.
Remove the cloves of garlic from the dressing and discard. To the bowl of dressing add the lettuce, corn, pasta and croutons. Toss well to coat.
Check out www.rrcookingcamp.com  for more information!