- 2 eggs, beaten
- A couple drops of vanilla extract
- A splash of milk
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry all fruit spread
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs, vanilla and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Mix together cream cheese and raspberry or strawberry all fruit spread.
- Heat the syrup in a small pot over low heat to warm.
- Make four sammies of cream cheese and jam and two slices of bread each.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat sammies in egg like French toast, but thicker! Cook stuffed French toast until the sammies are golden brown on both sides. Remove the stuffed toast from the skillet and cut into four sticks per sammie for dipping. Fill small cups with 1/2 cup warm syrup and place sticks of stuffed toasts alongside.
WE LOVE YOU, MOM! REALLY! YUM-O!