- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/3 cups quick-cooking polenta
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- Place a medium size pot over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Add the sage and cook until aromatic and lightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Add the milk and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- When the liquids boil, whisk in the polenta and cook, continuing to whisk, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Season the polenta with nutmeg, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and pepper.