- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 large onion or red onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 pints ripe cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 cans white beans (15 ounces each), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of generous handfuls), finely chopped
- 2 cans Italian tuna (5-6 ounces each), drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, in skillet or pan with tight-fitting lid over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook to soften, 5-6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat a bit to medium-high, cover the pan and cook to burst the tomatoes, 8-10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Heads up: reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water just before draining.
- Break up the burst tomatoes into a chunky sauce, then add the white beans, parsley and chunks of tuna and heat through. Toss with the starchy cooking water and bow ties. Garnish with an extra drizzle of EVOO, lemon juice and zest, then serve.