- 6 starchy medium Idaho potatoes
- EVOO, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Minced garlic and lots of minced fresh rosemary – Rachael’s favorite!
- Old Bay seasoning or Cajun Seasoning
- Chipotle chili powder
- Minced garlic, parmesan cheese and oregano
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange cooling or wire racks over two baking sheets.
- Peel the potatoes lengthwise, leaving a patch of the skin on each end of the potatoes. Cut each potato into very thin fries lengthwise, no more than a quarter-inch thick – the thinner they are, the crispier the end product will be.
- In a large bowl, dress the fries very lightly with EVOO – a couple of turns of the bowl ought to do the trick. Season with salt and pepper, then arrange the fries in single layer without crowding either baking sheet.
- Place the fries in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the fries and increase the heat to 425°F. Toss the fries in large bowl again with the seasonings, garlic and herbs of choice. Return the fries to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until very crisp and brown.