Edamame and Chickpea Salad
Edamame are Japanese soybeans and can be found in the frozen foods section of your grocery store. This salad is really easy to make and you can eat it as a side dish or a main salad over mixed greens.
- 1/2 bag frozen, shelled edamame (5 ounces)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook edamame according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- Mix in a medium size bowl: edamame, chickpeas, feta, celery, EVOO, lemon juice and cumin. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately as a side salad or over mixed greens as a main course. You can cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge for later, too.