- 1/2 pound cod
- Seafood seasoning or a mixture of sea salt, pepper and Mexican oregano
- Wondra (quick-mixing flour), for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 serrano chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 1 small white or red onion, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Leaves of 1 sprig oregano, chopped or a sprinkle of dried oregano
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- Corn tortilla chips or small, charred corn tortillas, for serving
- Season the cod with seafood seasoning and sprinkle the top evenly with Wondra. In a medium size skillet, heat the EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Put the fish in the pan Wondra-side down and cook until lightly browned and crispy on that first side, about 5 minutes. Flip it over, reduce the heat to about medium, and cook until opaque and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer it to a large bowl and flake it up with a fork into little teeny tiny pieces. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled through.
- Remove the fish from the fridge and combine it with the chili peppers, garlic, onion, cilantro, mint, oregano, lime juice and sea salt. Serve it with chips or tortillas alongside.