- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced and washed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, cream and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Trim the zucchini ends and grate each one lengthwise over a box grater to take the flesh off without pulling out any of the seeds. Place a medium size skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Sauté the leeks and zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Baste the inside of each cup of a six-cup muffin pan with some melted butter. Divide the leek mixture between the six cups. Push the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup to form a “nest”. Divide the egg mixture between the six cups, pouring it directly into each nest. Bake until the eggs are set and puffed, 8-10 minutes.
- Let set a minute before removing. Serve warm.