- 4 English muffins, split by a grown-up helper (GH)
- Creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 banana, sliced by a GH
- 8 eggs
- 4 stems chives
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 grinds black pepper
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
First, make the Fruit Benedicts:
- Have a GH heat the broiler. Put the English muffin pieces on a cookie sheet and have your GH toast them in the middle of the oven on both sides.
- While they are warm (but not too hot to touch) spread each half with peanut butter.
- Put spoonfuls of pineapple on each English muffin on top of the peanut butter and then put sliced bananas on top of the pineapple. Put the Fruit Benedicts on a platter to serve.
Next, make the Egg Scrambles:
- Have your GH heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Use your kitchen scissors to snip the chives into the bowl with the eggs. Add salt and pepper and beat the eggs with a whisk. If the yolks won’t break, poke them with a fork.
- When the eggs are mixed, use your scissors again to chop up the ham slices into little pieces, and keep them on the cutting board.
- Your GH should then add butter to the hot skillet and when it melts, add the ham you cut up. Cook ham two minutes.
- Your GH can now add your eggs and chives and stir until they are scrambled, cooked and the ham is hot all through. Add cheese and stir into eggs to melt it.
- Serve the Egg Scrambles with the Fruit Benedicts.