- 1 1/2 pounds small potatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into thirds on an angle
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 rounded tablespoons grainy mustard
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and season with salt. Cook until almost tender; add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes more. Drain, return everything to the hot pot and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat the EVOO in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan; melt and brown the butter until golden and nutty in aroma. Whisk in the flour, cook for 1 minute, then add the stock and thicken to coat a spoon. Add the honey, parsley and mustard. Add the cooked chicken and turn to coat; simmer a minute or two to heat through and transfer to a serving platter. Add the potatoes and beans to the pan and turn them in the remaining sauce. Plate alongside the chicken on the serving platter.