- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- About 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- About 1/3 cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1 corn muffin, split in half, cut sides spread with a little butter then griddled until golden brown
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the EVOO, a turn and a half of the pan, in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. When the EVOO is hot, add the chicken in single layer and cook to light golden in color. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the carrots, parsnip and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and to soften the vegetables, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover the pan and sprinkle in the flour, stir for 1 minute or so, then stir in the stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and honey. Let thicken to coat a spoon; add the reserved chicken to heat through.
- Serve with the corn muffin pieces alongside and garnish with parsley.