- 2 pounds ground sirloin (1 pound per muffin tin)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Put two mini muffin pans into the hot oven for a few minutes until hot.
- While the mini muffin pan is pre-heating, prepare the Philly cheesesteak mixture.
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat. Once brown, add the onion, peppers and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the biscuit mix, milk, cooled meat mixture and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull the hot pan out of the oven and spray the muffin cups with the cooking spray. Use a small scoop to evenly scoop heaping scoopfuls of the biscuit mixture into all of the mini muffin cups. Top each scoop of mixture with a little sprinkle of the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden on top.