- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- A small handful of dill
- A couple of tablespoons thyme leaves
- A couple of sprigs rosemary, stripped
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley
- Bring the vinegar and water to a boil with the sugar in a small pot. Add the salt and stir to dissolve the sugar and salt completely. Reduce the heat to low.
- Place the shallots and herbs in a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Transfer to a small plastic food storage container. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the top of the shallots and herbs until they’re covered. Put a lid on the container and chill until ready to serve, or let marinate at room temperature until your meat is ready to serve.