- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas, defrosted, divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place a medium size skillet over medium heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
While the shallots are cooking, puree half of the peas with the chicken stock in a food processor. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help with the food processor, if you need it.
When the shallots are cooked, add both the pureed and whole peas to the skillet and cook to heat through, 2-3 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the mint, butter and some salt and pepper. Serve warm.