- 1 pound penne pasta with lines
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn or shredded
- Boil water, salt it and cook pasta to al dente – with a bite to it.
- Place peas in a small pot and simmer for 5 minutes with the stock.
- Spoon half the peas and a little hot pasta water into a shallow dish and mash the peas with ricotta cheese.
- Drain pasta and add to the bowl with mashed peas and ricotta along with butter and half of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Add in the remaining whole peas and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining cheese and garnish with basil. Pea-rfect!
Photo credit: Tina Rupp