- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, celery salt, paprika and oregano (dried)
- A pinch each of: salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (such as Progresso brand)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Parmesan cheese
- One lemon, quartered
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk with a fork.
- In a second medium size bowl, mix together the flour and the herbs and spices.
- In a third medium size bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and the wheat germ.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add EVOO to pan.
- While pan heats up and working quickly, dredge one breast in egg mixture, then flour mixture and then breadcrumb mixture and add to pan when hot but not smoking. Fry for about four minutes each side.
- Repeat with each breast. Don’t overcrowd the pan. If you need to fry two at a time, then do so and let cooked breasts rest on a plate on a paper towel sheet to absorb any excess oil.
- When breasts are cooked, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges.