- 4 large Idaho potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the potato wedges into a pot with some salt and cover with cold water. Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring up to a bubble. Simmer the potatoes until just tender, about 7 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Reserve.
- When the potatoes are cooked, turn them out onto a nonstick baking sheet (or a regular baking sheet covered with parchment paper), season them with pepper and toss them in the EVOO. Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture over the potatoes, tossing to coat and pressing on them lightly so that the mixture sticks. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake, tossing once halfway through, until golden brown and crispy on all sides, about 10 minutes.