- 2 zucchini
- 2 small bell peppers (mixed colors)
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 well-trimmed boneless pork loin (1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (buy Greek oregano – the most flavorful)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- Halve each zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise 1/2-inch thick. Quarter and seed the bell peppers; cut into about 16 pieces. Transfer to a bowl and add the tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons EVOO; toss.
- Cut the pork crosswise into six slices; cut each slice into six chunks and transfer to another bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO; crumble the oregano on top. Place a fine grater over the bowl and grate the garlic onto the pork. Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedges over the pork. Mix well with a rubber spatula, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat a heavy grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, on each of eight skewers, thread about six vegetable chunks, alternating zucchini, pepper and tomato as you wish. Thread four or five chunks of pork onto each of the remaining eight skewers.
- Season all the skewers with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, until marked on the bottom, about 2 minutes; flip with a metal spatula. Cover and cook until the pork is just firm, about 2 minutes, and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.