- 1 bag salted pretzels, any shape
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 16 chicken tenders or 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Honey mustard or barbecue sauce, for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the pretzels and peanuts in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer to a shallow dish, add the thyme, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Crack and beat the eggs in a second shallow dish with a splash of water.
- Coat the chicken in the ground pretzels and peanuts, then the eggs, then the pretzels again.
- Pre-heat a large skillet with EVOO, enough to go a quarter-inch up the sides of the skillet (eyeball it), over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken pieces to the hot EVOO. Cook in a single layer, in two batches if necessary, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the cutlets’ juices run clear and the breading is evenly browned. Transfer the finished chicken strips to the oven to keep warm as you cook remaining strips.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of honey mustard or barbecue sauce and Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey  alongside.