- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 head radicchio, cored and cut in quarters
- 2 pieces hot Italian sausage
- 2 pieces sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups chicken stock, regular or low sodium
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces) or frozen butternut squash puree, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the EVOO over the eggplant and radicchio. Grill the sausage, eggplant and radicchio until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the sausage and vegetables are cooking, bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir in the polenta with a wooden spoon until it all comes together. Stir in the pumpkin puree and then add the honey. Finish with the rosemary, salt and plenty of black pepper.
- When the sausage and vegetables finish cooking, slice the sausage on a bias and serve over the polenta mixture with the vegetables.