- 1/2 cup golden or dark raisins
- Boiling water
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- A pinch of salt
- 8 ounces low fat or regular cream cheese or peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the raisins in a bowl and pour enough boiling water over them to just cover them. Let them sit and plump up while you toast the nuts. Be sure to have a grown-up helper (GH) help you with the boiling water, if you need it.
- Place a small, dry skillet over medium heat; add the walnuts and toast, shaking the pan frequently, until they are golden. Ask your GH to help you with the stove, if you need it.
- Drain all of the water from the raisins, return the raisins to the bowl and add the toasted walnuts, a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly with cream cheese or peanut butter.