- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds baby white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice a quarter-inch off the top of the head of garlic and place it cut-side up on a square of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon EVOO and wrap the foil around the garlic to enclose it. Transfer the bundle to the oven and roast until golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes.
- When the garlic is ready, place the potatoes into a medium size pot and cover them with cold water. Bring up to a bubble and gently boil the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them well and return them to the pot they were cooked in. Squeeze the roasted cloves of garlic into the pot and add the milk, butter and some salt and pepper. Mash the potatoes up as you like them and serve.