- 3 pounds beef sirloin
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for searing
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, for dusting meat
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups rice
For the topper:
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes
- In a large skillet, sear the meat in some EVOO until nice and brown on both sides. Remove the steak to a cutting board and slice it into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Place the sliced steak into the slow cooker bowl, then dust the meat with cornstarch and mix it around until there is no more visible cornstarch.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the topper ingredients to the slow cooker, then place a lid on top and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, in a medium size bowl, mix the topper ingredients and place a portion of the mixture on top of each portion of Asian Pepper Steak. This will add a pop of freshness and texture.
- Serve on top of the cooked rice.