- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 medium firm eggplants
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 stems rosemary
- A small handful of flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 whole grain baguettes, batards or other 2-3-inch wide crusty long loaves, cut into slices and toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Halve the eggplants lengthwise and cut the top off of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Brush the eggplant flesh liberally with EVOO and douse the garlic with EVOO as well; season both liberally with salt and pepper.
- Strip the leaves of rosemary from the stem and arrange them on top of the garlic. Wrap in foil. Place the eggplant face down on a baking sheet. Roast the eggplant and garlic together for 40-45 minutes, then let cool.
- Scoop the eggplant flesh into a food processor bowl. Squeeze all of the garlic cloves out of the bulb and add to the food processor with the eggplant. Add the parsley, salt and pepper, and pulse to combine
- To serve, spread the eggplant mixture on the toasts.