- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, tails off, deveined
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 handfuls of string beans (about 1/2 pound), cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook to al dente.
Place a large skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon canola oil, once around the pan. Add the shrimp and vegetables and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until shrimp are pink and firm.
While the vegetables are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the marmalade, Tamari, chicken stock, hot sauce and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the soba noodles and toss them with all the ingredients in the skillet. Pour the sauce over the pan, toss to combine and then adjust the flavors – you can add a splash more stock or soy or hot sauce to your taste. Garnish noodles with toasted sesame seed sprinkles, if desired.