- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices crusty bread, toasted
- 3 slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mustard (optional)
- Spread the butter on the toasted bread.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the ham and brown on one side. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the pickle juice and turn to brown the second side. When the ham is almost done, add the cheddar cheese and let it melt on top of the ham.
- Transfer the ham and cheese to one of the bread slices. Mix the mustard, if using, with the remaining pickle juice and drizzle it over the cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top and there you have it.
Recipe courtesy of Yum-o! The Family Cookbook.