- 3 pounds baby white or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock (eyeball it)
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes into a wide-bottomed pot and add enough chicken stock to cover them halfway. Add the onion, rosemary, EVOO and some salt and pepper to the pot and place over medium-high heat. Cover the pot and bring up to a bubble. Simmer the potatoes for 10 minutes, then remove the lid and continue cooking so that the pan juices evaporate away.
- When the liquid is nearly gone, shake the pan to coat the potatoes in the residual EVOO and smash them down lightly with a potato masher (you just want to burst and flatten them a little, don’t completely mash them).
- Let the potatoes continue to cook and crisp until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.