- Flour, for dredging
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 cutlets, lightly pounded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
For the pear sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 brown pears, peeled
- In a food processor, grind up the stuffing cubes until they form breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Place three shallow dishes on a clean work surface area. Pour the flour into the first one, the beaten egg, milk and Dijon mustard in the next and the seasoned stuffing breadcrumbs in the last dish.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides and turn lightly into the flour. Next coat the cutlets in egg-mustard mixture and then into the stuffing breadcrumb. Coat both sides, then set aside until all 8 are coated.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Cook the cutlets in a single layer, in two batches if necessary, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the cutlets’ juices run clear and the outside is golden brown.
- For the pear sauce: Place a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the water, sugar and pears and cook until a chunky sauce forms, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pears are soft and the sauce is formed, remove it from the heat.