- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 bunch scallions
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the pork and teriyaki sauce in a plastic resealable bag or bowl. Marinate for 1-3 hours in the refrigerator; remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon EVOO to a boil. Stir in the rice, return to a boil, then cover the pot, lower the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked through, 15-18 minutes. Add the edamame and scallions during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Add 2 tablespoons EVOO to a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, two turns of the pan. Sear the tenderloins until brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side; transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking through, about 10-15 minutes.
- When the tenderloins are done, remove them from the pan and place on a cutting board. Tent with foil to let the meat rest, about 5 minutes
- Serve the tenderloins over the edamame scallion rice.