- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- 2 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream or whole milk
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 2 really ripe tomatoes
- Heat an ovensafe, medium skillet over medium heat with about 1/4 cup EVOO, four turns of the pan. Add the potatoes and salt them. Turn the potatoes every 2-3 minutes and cook them for about 15 minutes. Try not to let the potatoes get brown – you just want them tender.
- Whisk up the eggs and cream or milk and season with salt. Pour the eggs over the potatoes.
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Let the omelet settle and get firm at the edges, then place the skillet under the broiler and brown the top until the tortilla is firm and golden.
- Let the tortilla cool.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler. Cut the tomatoes in half and squish and rub their guts all over the toasted bread. Drizzle the bread with EVOO and season it with salt.
- Slide the tortilla into four wedges and serve with the tomato toast.