- 8 slices bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk or reduced fat milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices good-quality white bread, hand sliced
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 12 thin slices roasted or smoked turkey breast
- 8 thin slices Emmentaler Swiss cheese
- 12 bread-and-butter pickle slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake the bacon on a slotted pan to crisp, 12-14 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Pre-heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat.
- Build sandwiches of cranberry sauce, turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese and pickles. Coat in the egg batter.
- Liberally brush a griddle with the melted butter and cook the sandwiches until golden and warmed through – use a loose foil tent to help melt the cheese. Brush the pan with more butter, as needed.