- 4 turkey cutlets (1 pound total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons soft herb cheese, such as Boursin brand
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
Note: you will also need toothpicks to seal the turnovers
- Pound the turkey cutlets to a quarter-inch thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a tablespoon of cheese in the center of each cutlet and top with the spinach. Fold the cutlets in half and close them with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and the fennel seeds and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.