- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 package regular or turkey kielbasa (12 ounces)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until heated through. Cut the sausage in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. (These are the toes). Return the sausage pieces to the pan and add the asparagus. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the stewed tomatoes and pesto to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Enjoy your yummy worms and toes!
Recipe courtesy of Yum-o! The Family Cookbook.