Pesto is great to have on hand to make an instantly delicious pasta meal. This version uses arugula instead of basil for a fun twist on the original.
- 1 bag arugula (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or 2/3 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add arugula, walnuts, Parmigiano Reggiano, EVOO, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender and grind into a thick paste. Be sure to ask a grown-up helper (GH) how to work the food processor or blender if you haven’t used it before.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
If you make more than you need, you can always serve the extra later in the week over your favorite pasta or freeze it. Yum-o!