Asian Chicken Cucumber Cups
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can water chestnuts (5 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, shredded thin
- 2 teaspoons garlic-chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cups leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 English (seedless) cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the EVOO in a small skillet over medium-high heat, then add in the whites of the scallions, ginger and garlic. Sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, mix together the green parts of the scallions, water chestnuts, cabbage, chili paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and shredded chicken in a large bowl and reserve.
- Partially peel the cucumbers, so that there are four strips of skin going down the entire length of each cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 3/4-inch-thick slices – you should have about 20 pieces. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of cucumber flesh.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of the Asian chicken salad into the cucumber cups and garnish the tops with the toasted sesame seeds.