Back to School Snack: Inside-Out English Muffin Grilled Cheese and…
Prepare tasty grilled inside-out English muffins for snacks, lunch or brunch. Possibilities are endess for fillings, but grilled cheese is hard to beat.
- Whole wheat, oat or whole grain English muffins
Filling options include:
- Sharp cheddar cheese and green apple
- Brie, jam and ham
- Fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Monterey Jack or pepper Jack and homemade or store-bought salsa (add sliced avocado for deluxe)
- Egg, wilted spinach and provolone
- Swiss cheese, a slice of tomato and mayo-free tuna salad (flaked tuna dressed with lemon juice, minced shallots, minced celery, a little EVOO, black pepper and herb-of-choice or parsley)
- For each sammie, split the muffins in half. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly butter the muffins. Facing the buttered side out, stack in the fillings, then grill until extra-crispy and deeply golden.