Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Try this creative way for serving a cheeseburger!
- 1/2 pound lean smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Ketchup and mustard
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced vine-ripe tomatoes
- Chopped pickles
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp; remove to a paper towel-lined plate and pour off some of the bacon fat. To the same sauté pan, add the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces. After the meat is browned, add the bacon back into the meat and stir in the ketchup and mustard.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Meanwhile, build your quesadillas, starting with a tortilla, then adding a layer of shredded cheddar, a layer of the ground beef and bacon, another layer of cheese, then topping with a second flour tortilla. Place on the griddle for 5-10 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve garnished with some lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.