Baked Chicken with Herb-and-Cheese Breadcrumbs
Busy day? Try this super simple fail-proof baked chicken dinner. Rach likes to add a tomato, red onion and parsley salad tossed with EVOO and seasoned with salt and pepper, like this one.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a large handful)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- About 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a small skillet; swirl with the garlic for 2 minutes. Pour the butter and garlic over the breadcrumbs and cool. Toss with the cheese and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the chicken with EVOO and season both sides with salt and pepper. Slather each piece of chicken with mustard and press that side into the breadcrumb-and-cheese mixture. Arrange the chicken on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the breadcrumbs are deeply golden.