Baked Fish with Olive Pesto
This quick and delicious fish dish gets you from kitchen to table with ease.
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and grated, or pasted
- 1/2 cup pitted good-quality green olives
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- About 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 6-8-ounce fillets white sustainable fish such as cod, haddock or halibut
- Combine the basil, parsley, garlic, olives, lemon zest and juice, nuts, cheese, EVOO and salt and pepper in a food processor; process into a pesto.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the pesto with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the fish on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Top the fish with breadcrumbs and bake until firm and cooked through and the breadcrumbs have browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges and side of whole grain pasta.