Berry Christmas Granola
Pack up some of this tasty granola as a special treat in your lunch box – or wrap it up for friends and family as a homemade gift for the holidays!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup salted, roasted pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 275°F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the oats, almonds, sesame seeds and salt. In a glass measuring cup, combine the butter and honey, pour over the oat mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to blend. Spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes, stirring and spreading once with the spatula during cooking. Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the pistachios, cherries and blueberries with the cooled oat mixture and toss to combine.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.