Serves 6 large pancakes
For luscious pancakes, add a medley of fresh berries to this hearty and healthy multi-grain recipe.
- 2 cups multi-grain pancake mix
- 1 3/4 cups low fat milk (add a bit more for a thinner pancake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the pancake mix, milk and egg.
- In another large mixing bowl, mash the blueberries and blackberries together on one side and mash the raspberries on the other side. Pour the pancake mixture over the mashed berries and fold the mixture together so that the pancakes look “tie-dyed.” Do not over-mix.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or sauté pan over medium heat and cook the pancakes on one side. Flip and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepot, heat the maple syrup with the cinnamon stick. Pour over the pancakes and serve.