Spread this toaster topper on your choice of the following whole wheat or whole grain toasted options: English muffins, toast or even bagels. Plain cream cheese? What a bore! Stir it up and bump up the fiber and vitamins in your toaster toppers.
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, quartered lengthwise, chopped, rinsed and dried
- A pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 ounces low fat or regular cream cheese, room temperature
- Place a small skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Once the skillet is hot, add the chopped bacon and cook stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Add the leek, then season with a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Cook until leek is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Cool bacon and leek in a bowl for one minute, combine with cream cheese then fold in tomato.