Brined Turkey Breast
Tenderize turkey with this simple brining recipe. Advance preparation makes for a juicy turkey and an easy Thanksgiving Day.
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 head garlic, cloves crushed and peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 boneless, skin-on turkey breast (about 5 pounds)
- Mix together the water, salt, sugar, garlic, rosemary, thyme, onion, lemon, peppercorns and parsley in a food safe container or 2 gallon resealable plastic bag. Place the turkey breast in the brine for up to 12 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Rinse the brine from the turkey breast. Place in the oven for 45-55 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF. Let rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.