Hit the road with these breakfast-to-go burritos and you can go for hours!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 box frozen broccoli, defrosted and squeezed dry or a couple of large stalks of broccoli, ends trimmed, flowery tops and stalks finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs or 4 whole eggs and 4 whites
- A splash of milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about two tablespoons. Once the skillet is hot, add the defrosted broccoli and cook for two minutes, then proceed with method below. If using fresh broccoli, cook stirring every now and then, until the broccoli is lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. If you have never had caramelized broccoli, you’ll be pleasantly surprised how rich and tasty it can taste. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with a splash of milk. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and scramble with broccoli. Remove from heat.
- While broccoli cooks, heat the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until blistered and soft, one minute on each side.
- Make burritos by placing a quarter of the hot eggs on one side of tortilla, then top with a quarter of the cheese, tuck in sides, wrap and roll. Wrap in foil and go!